Saturday, March 1, 2014

Camp Nou- By Jaden and Beckett

We went to the fc barcelona soccer stadium.  The 'fc' stands for football club and football means soccer in spanish. They are one of the best soccer teams in the world, and have the best soccer player in the world too; his name is Lionel Messi.

My favorite part of the stadium tour was the away locker room. It had its own hot tub so the players could rest before or after their game.  I also liked the broadcast room. I think they had the best view.  I also liked the field because they grow the grass, so it wasn't fake. By Beckett




We went to the camp Nou on our second full day in Barcelona. Camp Nou is BFC (Barcelona futball club) futball (soccer) stadium it holds about 100,000 people thats about 4 times bigger than the sounders stadium. Camp Nou was built in 1957 which is about 50 years older than the sounders stadium. The Camp Nou experience includes the museum, stadium, the visitor locker room, broadcasting booths, and the press room. In the press room we got a picture of my brother and I holding a trophy Barcelona FC won, it was about 2 feet tall and 1 foot wide.

Some of Barcelona FC's most well known players are Messi and Neymar JR. A cool thing about Barcelona FC is that they have UNICEF on the back of their jersey's to help promote them. UNICEF is a organization that helps children worldwide.

My favorite part was the broadcasting booth, the broadcasting booth is a room up really high and you can see the whole field super clear. It is where the announcers sit and watch, it is a long skinny room with a bunch of seats for people like the owners of the team and important people.

It has been my favorite thing so far because Barcelona FC is my favorite football team, and my favorite player is Messi. So it was cool for me to learn all about the team and their history. Barcelona is my favorite team because they mean a lot to their city and community and their goal isn't just to win games it is to make their town a better place and help people. Barcelona FC isn't just a soccer team they are a big part of their city.

When I was leaving Barcelona a guy tapped on my Barcelona FC sweatshirt and was like Barca, Barca and thought it was cool that a tourist kid was wearing a Barcelona sweatshirt. By Jaden

Here are some more pictures of our day at Camp Nou! We ended the day at the beach and rented some long boards :) They don't have helmets in Spain, so mom couldn't make us wear one!

2 comments:

  1. since this got posted as you were leaving Barcelona i can't wait to here about your drive to San Sebastian. and of course we miss you guys a ton! love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops that was supposed to be an ear with a h not a her with an e:)

    ReplyDelete