Monday, February 17, 2014

The food of Rome - Jaden

Ciao (hi),

Today I'm going to blog about the food in Rome. We went to a lot of trattoria's (restaurants) while we were in Rome because we stayed in a hotel and we didn't have a kitchen.

One of the most common foods in Rome is thin crust pizza it was really good but not my favorite food. Some most common kinds were Margarita, Salami, Funghi (mushroom) which I don't like, and Speck (smoked ham). Out of those 4 I like Salami the most it tastes a lot like pepperoni but it is a little bit different, the differences are really hard to describe but one of them is that salami tastes like it is a little bit oily.

Another common food is pasta. Some common pastas are Carbonara, Black pepper and parmesan, and pasta with red sauce and bacon. Out of those I only had Carbonara, which is pasta with cheese sauce and bacon. It was not the best dish I have ever had but it was still delicious.
         
In Italy they eat a lot of sweets! They have baked goods for breakfast every day! Some of the my favorite sweets are the croissants filled with cream sauce, the little pies filled with lemon curd with fruit on top, and creme brule'. My brother liked the crispy biscuit with cinnamon and sugar the most. Finally there is the gelato (Italian ice cream), it's AMAZING! They have a lot of different flavors. I saw one gelato shop with 150 flavors.

Some words I have learned are:
ciao(hi, bye)
bonjorno(hello)
gratsi(thank you)
prego(your welcome)
bambino(baby)
perfecto(perfect)
torta(cake)
scuzzi (excuse me)
si(yes)

Here are some pictures that we took.  We didn't take enough pictures of the food...so we will make sure that we take more during the rest of our trip...
click HERE to see more pictures of Food in Rome that we took






3 comments:

  1. Whoa that looks delicious!! and I see you are picking up the language too, you had even more words that you used in your blog-and love the pics-ciao for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao!
    Do italians eat dinner the same time as Americans?
    And, do they have any pistachio gellato you can bring home?
    I look forward to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaden and Beckett: Make sure you come back with some new baked good ideas for me and the shop! :) When you're in Paris eat an extra croissant for me!

    ReplyDelete